Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Our New Home

After looking at about 30+ houses, our wonderful realtor took us to one house that was not on the list. We did not like the house but loved the neighborhood the house was in. We told our realtor we were at the end of the line and we only wanted to look at houses in this particular neighborhood. She pulled up about 10 houses for sale. We narrowed it down to our specifications and BAM! This is our new home! We love it and are so thankful to have found a house that is fitting for us. It's a 5 bedroom, 3 1/2 bath. It's on a full unfinished basement. (Jon's thinking surround sound, projector movie theater, a mini bar well-stocked with Diet Dr. Pepper, of course, and a ping pong - air hockey combo. You know... the total Man-Cave!) It comes with a wooden playset for the kids complete with a tire swing. The kids love it and especially having neighbor kids to play with. The girls' came in from playing and asked Jon if we could get a basketball hoop and scooters for Christmas. He was definitely smiling about that!

5 comments:

Chad and Carole said...

Nice house! Yeah, I want to see if your basement actually gets finished...aren't those the same dreams Jon had for your last house? hahaha

Hatley Family said...

Hey guys, you have a beautiful home! I like Jons idea of having the in-home theatre with the projector etc... I agree. Every home needs one.

Cindy W. said...

True Carole, only one major difference with this basement, it is already framed up. It might actually get done. Also he doesn't have my stuff stored in this basement.

Kahea Tomberlin said...

Yes, this one may actually become reality. We've got fours neighbors willing to help Jon when he's ready. The problem is just getting Jon to remain in town for awhile! He's working out of town more than ever! Maybe I'll get a pink tool belt and pretend to be one of those Extreme Makeover girls! That would be fun!

The Kahumokus said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new house. It sounds wonderful and I love the beautiful brick. Congrats guys!!