We went to see cousin Andrew in his school play, "The Nutcracker". It was very good and we were so proud of Andrew as he was the star of the show...the Nutcracker!
So, I decided to try Tae Kwon Do. I asked Kalei, who's been with it for almost 2 years, for her permission and she said, "Yeah, mom, but please, don't embarass me!"
We were saying a closing prayer for an outdoor YW activity and Ikaika was playing in the sand pit trying to kill a bug. While the prayer was being said, Ikaika was heard in the background saying, "Die, die, die!"
The kids have been watching 'Alvin and the Chipmunks', the movie and Ikaika is convinced that chipmunks can talk. So after putting up the Christmas tree I was ready to decorate. Ikaika says, "No, Mom! Wait! I have to find the chipmunks and birds living in our tree!" You'll have to see the movie to understand that the chipmunks lived in a pine tree.
Okay, so I've been trying to teach the girls' to "work with what you have in your closets." They have a lot of T-shirt's so we bought a few long sleeved T's to wear under the T-shirts to create the "layered look". One morning Kalei comes downstairs in a pair of knit pants with grey shorts over them. I asked her what she was wearing. Her reply, "Mom, you said the layered look was IN!" I thought I was gonna fall down from laughing so hard! She is definitely my fashionista-in-training!
Ikaika - "Dad, are you still my bestest buddy?" Jon - "Yes." Ikaika - "Okay, thanks."
Kahea - "Ikaika, come down for prayer time." Ikaika - "No, mom. Go on without me. I'm busy playing!"
Kalei accidentally ran into Ikaika with her bike and Ikaika gets up and runs after her shouting, "You wanna piece of me?!"
We went to Suwanee Elementary's Fall Festival and a lot children came running up to Kalei giving her hugs and saying "Hi, Kalei!". Afterwards Kalei says, "Wow. A lot of people know me. I'm like a superstar!"
Ikaika was being noisy in sacrament meeting and I was trying to get him to quiet down. I guess it became annoying to him because he yelled, "Mom, you're killing me here!"
Ikaika - (New phrases) "Awww, dang!", (from Mater on Disney's Cars), "What'd you do?", "I did it!", "Oh, dear...", "Let me go!", and his favorite word..."NO!"
Kalei - "Everyone likes me 'cause I'm just a cool kid."
Ikaika - "No, no, mama!", as I take him to the nursery and try to leave inconspicuously.
Kahea - "You guys are getting on my last nerve!"
Kalei - "Mom, how many last nerves do you have?"
(I probably say that one a lot. Oops!)
Kalei was trying to braid my hair and asks, "Mom, have you thought about dying your hair? Your age is starting to show."
Kanoe looked in the mirror one morning before school and says, "Well, this is as good as it's gonna get."
Kalei - "I'm so beautiful. I look just like my dad."
Kalei - "Mom , where are you going?" Kahea - "No where. Why?" Kalei - "You look really good today." (Guess I normally look bad.)
No comments:
Post a Comment