Okay, so I'm a slacker blogger but I've been working on a project. Redecorating Ikaika's bedroom. I got a sewing machine for christmas and I'm trying to be ambitious in making Lightening McQueen quilt, curtains, and pillows. I'm finished with the quilt, which turned out okay. I'm in the process of putting up flaming wall border and Disney Cars wall clings. I framed a poster of the Cars and the room is looking pretty good. The walls have been a pale yellow from being used as the baby nursery and I don't want to repaint so I'm working with what I've got. We have a red metal bunkbed but will not put it up until he's a bit older. Maybe by September. Ikaika is head over heels for Disney's Cars and owns almost everything with Lightening McQueen on it. From table setting to McQueen Crocs, from bubble bath to McQueen shaped pasta, you name it, we probably have it. He loves McQueen and giggles everytime he see him. After this, I'll probably tackle the girls' bedroom. They're wanting retro-chic, whatever that is. They want each wall painted a different color, lime green, lavendar, bright pink, and teal. They need to quit watching "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition". To be continued...
Friday, February 8, 2008
I am SPEED! Ka-chow!
Okay, so I'm a slacker blogger but I've been working on a project. Redecorating Ikaika's bedroom. I got a sewing machine for christmas and I'm trying to be ambitious in making Lightening McQueen quilt, curtains, and pillows. I'm finished with the quilt, which turned out okay. I'm in the process of putting up flaming wall border and Disney Cars wall clings. I framed a poster of the Cars and the room is looking pretty good. The walls have been a pale yellow from being used as the baby nursery and I don't want to repaint so I'm working with what I've got. We have a red metal bunkbed but will not put it up until he's a bit older. Maybe by September. Ikaika is head over heels for Disney's Cars and owns almost everything with Lightening McQueen on it. From table setting to McQueen Crocs, from bubble bath to McQueen shaped pasta, you name it, we probably have it. He loves McQueen and giggles everytime he see him. After this, I'll probably tackle the girls' bedroom. They're wanting retro-chic, whatever that is. They want each wall painted a different color, lime green, lavendar, bright pink, and teal. They need to quit watching "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition". To be continued...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Ikaika's room sounds awesome!! That's really cool that you can make all that stuff for him. Seamus is still really into Lightning too! I can't wait to have our own house to be able to decorate it properly! It sounds like Kanoe and Kalei have some great ideas for their room too. Don't worry, I don't know what "retro chic" is either!
I want pictures, pictures, pictures!!! It all sounds too cute!
Post a Comment