Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Last Minute Trip

Mom e-mails and says they'll be in Orlando, Florida where dad will be attending a Fire Chief Convention. This is a week away and I forward the e-mail to Jon at work. He calls within minutes and says to pack up and get ready to go...by myself with the kids. Orlando is about a 10 hour drive. I've never driven 2 hours away! Of course I was freaking out but I was determined to go and have my parents meet my children. I was nervous and excited! I called for an appointment to have my van, Big Bertha, serviced. They looked it over and found nothing that would hinder our travel. I was relieved. I was still a bit nervous to have a flat tire or something so I upgraded our AAA account. I talked to the school about our last minute plans and got some work for the girls' to do during the drive. I loaded up the DVD player with all of Ikaika's favorites: Disney's Cars, Thomas the Train, Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Brother Bear, Meet the Robinson's, and a few Harry Potter's for Kanoe and Kalei. We packed lightly because our villa had a washer and dryer. Nice! We left for Orlando on Monday, Feb. 18th at 5 a.m. Traveling went well. Ikaika did alot better than I had expected. The girls' did their own thing: read, Nintendo DS, homework, watch movies, sleep, etc. We made 3 stops and arrived in Orlando at 3 p.m. with 68 degree weather. Yay me! Way to go "Big Bertha"...

No comments: