Friday, June 20, 2008

50th Wedding Anniversary~Party of the Year!

On Saturday, June 7, 2008, Gerald and Nora Tomberlin celebrated their 50th Wedding Anniversary. It was a celebration to remember. Everything was wonderful from the food to the entertainment and even the weather! Every Tomberlin sibling was present to help with the preparations for the big event. Each had an assignment and everyone seemed to go above and beyond to make this an unforgettable party for their parents. It was a beautiful moment.

Here is a group photo of the cousins.

What a good-looking couple!
Jon's assignments was to reserve tables and chairs for 250+ people, prepare centerpieces for 30 tables, and assist in yard work and house cleaning. I "helped" him reserve the tables and chairs, made all the centerpieces, weed-eat an empty lot to be used as parking, and cleaned house. Whew! It was a bit like work! Below is a picture of the centerpieces I chose to do. Simple, elegant, and very easy! Yes, it's the typical Mormon wedding reception centerpiece! From left to right: Cousins~Kalei, Grace, Sarah, and Madelyn all dressed in pink! Since they never had one on their wedding day, the siblings made sure they're parents had a beautiful wedding cake on their 50th anniversary, complete with the Salt Lake Temple.

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Congrats to Gerald and Nora!! I can't wait until Duke and I reach 50! Only 46 years to go! :-) Everyone and everything looked awesome! I'm sure it took a lot of work to put it all together. Great Job!!

Cindy W. said...

Kahea is being modest. She is up for in-law of the year! She will win it hands down. Whatever we needed, she took care of it and the hula they did brought tears to everyone's eyes! Be sure to look at my blog for pictures of the beach with the Tomberlin's.

The Kahumokus said...

Wow! 50 years is a long time. What a wonderful family to put in that much work to celebrate. I LOVE the centerpieces you did. Very crafty indeed!

The Kahumokus said...

I saw that you commented you wanted help "couponing." Did you check out the website I posted that tells you all the good deals?

Anonymous said...

Hey Kahea-tell Nora and Gerald I said congrats on they're 50th!!! Wow-that's awesome!!! When mom and dad turn 68 they hit their 50th!!! You guys did an awesome job on the center peices and the cake looks beautiful!!! Anyway-I love the pictures of the kids-they are soo cute and getting so big! We miss you guys and take care! Love ya!