I've been concerned about the fall of the economy, or recession, whichever you prefer, so I've been thinking and working very hard on our food storage. Costs are rising everywhere and I've realized that we may have to sacrifice a lot more than we planned for. We've had food storage here and there in our basement so I've decided to pull it all together and take an inventory of what we have and what we are needing. In my mind, I would like my food storage to resemble a grocery store but realisically that will take awhile to accomplish. Here is a peek at our long-term storage:
We've guessed that this may be a 3 month supply of food storage. Our ward will be doing a canning project in August and we plan to order another 3 month supply to bring us to a 6 month supply of food. This is a family project and there seems to be a lot of thought and effort by all family members to make this a "growing" success. Yes, we have lots of chocolate on hand and, of course, Diet Dr. Pepper. It's been fun to do.


2 comments:
That's really cool that you guys have been working on your food storage! We have some short term storage but not much. We do have 6 Costco bags of rice though. We stocked up when we heard about the rice problems. Our Ward has been focusing on have water storage because I guess you can only live for 3-4 days without water! At www.thereadystore.com there is a 30gallon water barrel that we're going to get as soon as we have space in our garage! There is also a Katadyn Water Bottle that filters as you drink. The ones at REI are the best though! Thanks for getting us thinking about food storage again!! We need to really focus on it!!
We've been getting our food storage in order too. The economy is scaring me! We would certainly be losing weight here if we had to live off what we've got. We planted a garden too and we've gotten a ton of radishes...that no one likes!
Post a Comment