Monday, December 15, 2008
We Are Definitely Not Of the World...
Jon & I are used to going to the Biltmore's Deerpark Restaurant for Jon's work Christmas parties. Well, we are not in Asheville anymore. We are most definitely in Atlanta. This year's Christmas party was held at Opera Atlanta. No, it's not what you're thinking. It looks a lot like an opera house and must have been at one time. Now, it's a hot nightclub. It was reserved from 7-11 pm and after 11 it was open for the public. Let's just say the dress that evening was interesting and I, along with a few "much older" women, were the only ones fully clothed. There was a lot of skin, plunging necklines, and high slit skirts with stilettos. It was beautifully decorated for the party and the food was GREAT! It wasn't a dinner, just hors d'oeuvres. I never had prime rib, goat cheese scalloped potatoes, and shrimp and grits as hors d'oeuvres before but, hey, this is Atlanta! It was fabulous! Of course, you have a full bar available. Jon and I emptied the Diet Coke tank all night long! And we took advantage of the free Evian bottled water that usually costs $6.50 for purchase. We had a good time and then when 11 o'clock was near, the scene changed. The pretty decorations and tables were cleared and the smoke machines started with colored laser lights everywhere. The music got VERY loud and the doors were open to all the hoochie mama's in the city. I was hoping to see P Diddy, Jay-Z, or Timbaland but they were a no show. We stayed to see what all the nightclub fuss was about and after 15 minutes, we saw more than we were expecting. WOW! We live a very sheltered life, thank goodness! I don't know if I want to go next year. It'll all depend on where the party will be held.
DUE TO THE EXPLICIT NATURE, NO CLIPART FOR OPERA WILL BE DISPLAYED!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
All I can do is laugh at your post! I think I would be just as shocked as you. hahaha! Thanks for not posting pics!
I'm glad I came to your post first thing this morning. The good laugh will help make the day go good. I can hear you now, "Oh my gosh Jon, look at that! No, don't look at that!"
Post a Comment